The American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC) made an organisation titled “Government and the Reality of Artificial Intelligence” on Wednesday, October 11, 2017, at the Renaissance Washington in Washington, DC.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) via advanced analytics, machine learning, and cognitive computing is no longer science fiction. Commercial applications of AI are proliferating, and a growing number of federal agencies are exploring the applications of AI to their organization’s core missions and operations. In fact, The National Artificial Intelligence, Research, and Development Strategic Plan state that AI will have a transformative effect on Government and can strengthen our economy and better our society.
At this event, attendees had the opportunity to not only hear from government and industry Subject Matter Experts (SME) but also had the chance to participate in an audience based lightning round. This segment detailed how Government used data to power AI solutions, showed where AI was having a real and tangible impact, as well as provided lessons learned within the space of AI.
The goal of this forum was to accelerate a coordinated effort across government and industry which would track the progress and take full advantage of the impact of AI investments.
- Jeff Alstott, Program Manager, Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA)
- Matthew Beale, Federal Business Development Manager, AI Products Group, Intel
- Carl Buffington, Chief Technology Officer, ASRC Federal
- Jeff Butler, Director, Data Management, Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Dominic Delmolino, Managing Director, and Chief Technology Officer, Accenture Federal Services
- Josh Elliot, Principal, Data Solutions & Machine Intelligence, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Melvin Greer, Senior Principal Engineer, Chief Data Scientist, Public Sector Americas, Intel Corporation
- Erin Hawley, Vice President, Public Sector Business, DataRobot
- Justin Herman, Emerging Citizen Technology Inter-Agency Program Lead, General Services Administration
- Bhavish Madurai, Partner, Cognitive Analytics & AI Leader, US Public Sector, Global Business Services, IBM
- Meagan Metzger, Chief Executive Officer, dCODE
- Martijn Rasser, Director of Analysis, Kyndi
- Dr. Evann Smith, Senior Data Scientist, Thresher
- William Sullivan, Vice President, and General Manager, Cloudera Government Solutions
- A. Michelle White, Director of Shared Services & IT Products Contract Operations, General Services Administration